Clinical Trials at Medical Dermatology Specialists
Medical Dermatology Specialists is currently enrolling for the following clinical trials:
- Adult Hidradenitis Suppurativa (2 studies coming soon and will fill fast)
- Adult Plaque Psoriasis (with one of the studies closing soon with no placebo phase )
- Adult Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis
- Pediatric Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis (ages 6-11)
- Pediatric Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis (ages 6-11 for scalp psoriasis and ages 11-17 for plaque psoriasis)
These studies are enrolling very quickly. If you or someone you know may be interested in participating please call 404-939-9220 ext. 107 or option 2 for research, so the research staff may answer any questions you have and to see if you qualify.
Clinical trials offer patients access to new and cutting edge therapeutics, which may offer benefits over existing treatment options. The study medication is free, the visits are at no cost to you and you may be provided a travel reimbursement or subject stipend for participation. The insurance appeal process can take up to 3 months or longer to approve a prescribed medication. So a short term study may be helpful or beneficial to you, while we are waiting for your insurance to approve your prescribed medication. Clinical trials can provide you alternative treatment options without added costs.
Benefits of clinical trials:
- Examinations by a board-certified dermatologist
- Possible treatment for usually one to five years
- Compensation for time and travel
- The pivotal studies on Top Enroller Humira , for the first approved treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa, approved by FDA.
- Psoriasis studies: biologics (injectable)
- Psoriasis studies: topical
- Psoriasis studies: oral (systemic)
- Infant and children psoriasis studies: injectable and topical
- Psoriatic Arthritis studies: injectable and oral
- Lupus studies (SLE and DLE): oral
- Atopic Dermatitis studies: oral and injectable
- Actinic Keratosis studies: topical
- Acne studies: (topical and oral medication)
- Botox/cosmetic studies.
- Phase II, III and IV studies.
Contact Medical Dermatology Specialists, Inc. today for answers to all your questions or for more information.